What is the Impact Digital Photobook Creator?
The image library is where the user can find their images, ready to be used in their project. Multiple files can be added into the software, and can then be catagorised by folder name within the image library. Images can then be sorted by type, orientation, rating and more. The image library can be stretched for the user to view more of their images, and the user can also zoom in and out to view larger/smaller thumbnails.
Images can then be selected and rotated to get the correct orientation. Any picture the user does not want can be removed from the library. Any change to the image in the image library does not affect the orignal source. Users can then give their images ratings so they can order their images by their favourites.
To get an image on the canvas the user simply drags and drops the image into their desired location. Once a picture has been used, the thumbnail in the image library is stamped with a small red icon with a number indicating the usage of the image.
The Photobook Creator toolbar is where users can get quick access to their favourite options. From this toolbar users can quickly:– Undo/Redo (up to 100 stages)
– Save the project
– Add a picture box
– Add text box
– Autoflow (fills the project with images from the image library)
– Zoom in or out
– Move to next or previous page
– Preview their project
This is where users can drag and drop Page Styles / Masks / Backgrounds and Scrapbook Items into their project. This can be enabled/disabled when creating a product to suit the needs of your customer, it can also be hidden by your customers if they wish to have a larger canvas.
Page styles can be pre-designed by yourself to give your customers a head start on their project. These are created in Photobook Creator using the Designer Application. Simply design a page layout on screen, and then select 'Save Page Style' from the Page Style options Icon. Your customers can create their own styles and save these to the Page Styles library using the same method. Page styles can also be catagorised so that users can quickly and easily find the best style for their project.
Masks add another layer to an image to add transparency and can be used in many effective ways, such as borders, text, scenes etc. They can be created using anything from Paint to Photoshop, and can be added by yourself, or your customers.
Backgrounds are an effective way to make any product look great. They can be added by yourself or your customers and can then be sorted into categories, for example, Weddings, Holidays, Kids, Sport etc.
Scrapbook items can be created within Photobook Creator to help your customers create there perfect product with minimal effort. Create stylish objects using a combination of shapes, colours, images, effects and text, and save them as a Scrapbook item to be used throughout a book. It’s that simple with the Photobook Creator photo book service.
The page preview allows users to check how their project flows. Users can flick through different pages of their project quickly and from here can re-arrange the order of the pages to suit their needs. Your customer can hide this panel if they do not need it.
This is the project canvas. Users can drag and drop elements around this page and manipulate items to create their perfect Photobook.
You can decide whether or not your customers will see guidelines for bleed and gutters. Users can add rulers and a grid to their canvas to aid them with their design.
The Inspector panel is where you can find the more advanced features of Photobook Creator. By default, there are five tabs of options, these are controlled by you. If you are creating a simple product for customers with little knowledge, or reason to require advanced options, they can be turned off, and placed in less tabs to provide a more simple photo book service.
From the inspector, users can:– Change the shape of an image or shape
– Change the amount of sides to an image or shape
– Change the angle of an image or shape
– Round the corners of a shape or image
– Change the colour or a shape
– Edit the opacity
– Add a border
– Change the size and opacity of the border
– Add a drop shadow
– Change the offset, angle and expansion of the drop shadow
– Increase or decrease the blur of the drop shadow
– Change the colour and opacity of the drop shadow
– Change the orientation of the image or shape
– Flip the image or shape vertically or horizontally
– Change colour mode: original, black and white, sepia
– Change the brightness and contrast of the image
– Add a vignette to an image
– Change the shape, size, blur and colour of the vignette
– Change the alignemnt of text to either the top, bottom or middle of a text box
– Change the margin and line spacing in a text box
– Position an item using co-ordinates
– Size an image using measurements (metric and Imperial)
– Constrain Proportions
– Change the offset of an image
– Scale an item
– Change the angle of an item
– Change the background of the page/cover/spine
Each option listed above can be turned on or off per product.